Where to Stay
Camden and the surrounding area offers many places to stay from B&Bs to hotels and motels. Here are some of our favorites and links to other sites with more information.
Mt. Battie Hotel
Water views overlooking Penobscot Bay in Lincolnville Beach. Just minutes from Camden.
• 2158 Atlantic Highway (Rte. 1), Lincolnville Beach • mountbattie.com
Camden Riverhouse Hotel & Inns
Midcoast Maine's greenest properties. Indoor pool. Dog friendly.
• 11 Tannery Lane, Camden • camdenmaine.com
Convenient location right in Camden. Walk to harbor and shops.
• 68 Elm Street (Rte. 1), Camden • camdenmotel.com
Camden's Premier Inns
Premier Bed and Breakfast Inns of Camden, Maine. These thirteen bed and breakfast inns provide among the finest accommodations in the world and are located in Camden.
• Visit their site for more information on these inns • camdeninns.com
Maine Innkeepers Association
The Maine Innkeepers Association offers you the most comprehensive searchable database of accommodations and lodging in Maine.
• Visit their site for more information on these accommodations and lodging • maineinns.com
Where to Eat
Camden offers a wide variety of places to eat - from sandwiches and soda to bring with you on a sail with us to a sit down dinner after a day on the water.
Here are just a few:
French & Brawn
A full grocery in downtown Camden. Offers sandwiches, salads and hot soup as well as soft drinks, coffee, tea and beer and wine. Open early and late: Mon-Sat 6am-8pm, Sun 8am-8pm
• 1 Elm Street (Rte. 1) on the corner of Elm and Mechanic Street, Camden • frenchandbrawn.com
Offers sandwiches, salads and hot soup. A variety of drinks, coffee and tea, beer and wine. Overlooking the falls with views of Camden Harbor.
• 37 Main Street, Camden • camdendeli.com
Harborside dining. Lunch and dinner. Outdoors on the deck, indoors or the Harbor Grill.
• Bay View Street, Camden • waterfrontcamden.com
Good food. Good fun. Just steps from the waterfront.
• 21 Bay View Street, Camden • cuzzysrestaurant.com
Other Outdoor Activities
Mount Battie & Mount Megunticook
Hike up one of the many trails. Walk, ride a bike or drive up the paved road to the top of Mount Battie. Enjoy a picnic at the top and the magnificent views of Camden and Penobscot Bay.
• Just north of Camden on Route 1 • Camden Hills State Park
Swimming - salt water or fresh water
Lincolnville Beach • Glen Cove • Lait Memorial Beach • Lake Megunticook.
• More information and locations • Camden, Maine Beaches
Art Galleries & Museums
Midcoast Maine has many fine galleries and museums. Here are just a few.
• Farnsworth Art Museum
• Owls Head Transportation Museum
• Center for Maine Contemporary Art (CMCA)
• The Coastal Children's Museum
• Small Wonder Gallery
• Harbor Square Gallery
• Visit the Chamber of Commerce site for a more complete list.
Camden, Rockport and nearby Rockland have a wide variety of shops and stores offering clothing, Maine souvenirs, books, and Maine made art and crafts. • camdenrockland.com/what-to-do/shopping
Other Camden, Rockport, Lincolnville Area Information
Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce
Camden Rockport Lincolnville - Where the Mountains Meet the Sea™. Information about Camden, Rockport, Lincolnville, Rockland, St. George, Thomaston, Owls Head, Hope, Appleton, Union, Warren, and Waldoboro Main. Serving the islands of Vinalhaven, North Haven, Monhegan, and Islesboro Maine. • camdenrockland.com
Maine Tourism Association
From our rock-bound shores to our majestic mountains and islands, Maine is the destination that will exceed your expectations. • mainetourism.com